© 2020 copyright Golf Club Managers Association
Captain Ray Grant offered a warm welcome to all the attendees
Tom, the ambassador from Woburn, gave a second welcome, housekeeping and fire evacuation details.
The Captain asked David Cook Regional Manager to commence the Chilterns and Home Counties 2020 Annual General Meeting.
1. Apologies for absence- DC reported that he had received 25 apologies for absence.
2. Approval of the 2019 AGM minutes – Proposed Paul Keen and seconded by David Spring.
3. The Captain gave an overview of his year in Captaincy and expressed how much he had enjoyed his time in office.
4. RG proposed that Paul Keen General Manager of Verulam Golf Club should become the regions Captain for 2020/21. This was voted for favourably and unanimously.
PK then gave an overview of his career, future wishes and expectations, he stated that he was greatly honoured to be given this responsibility and was delighted to serve as the regions Captain.
5. The Captain introduced his proposed Vice Captain – Stephen Bryan, General Manager of Brickenden Grange Golf Club. This was voted for favourably and unanimously.
SB stood and introduced himself and thanked everyone for this opportunity which he relished.
PK presented RG a Tankard as a gesture of the work that RG had contributed too over the last year.
6. DC delivered his Secretaries and Treasurers report:
The Regions accounts had previously circulated and there were no questions about the presentation of the accounts. – The Captain asked for acceptance of the annual accounts, Michael Gottlieb proposed and Clive Bailey seconded.
7. Secretary’s Honorarium – No change proposed
8. Subscription level for 2020/21 – No change proposed
9. Election of Secretary, David Cook wished to re-stand and there were no other applicants - This was voted for favourably and unanimously.
10. The Captain recapped on the regions fixtures for 2020 and these can also be found on the Website.
11. Any Other Business
World Wide Handicap System.
John Kennedy the Secretary of BB&O, very kindly gave an overview of the actions and changes that all Clubs would see prior to and on the launch of the WHS in November 2020.
Very informative. Thank you, John:
DC asked the room by a show of hands if members would be interested in visiting Fullers Brewery in Chiswick?
A great deal of interest was shown DC will look at organising a trip.
The Captain gave the details of today’s golf and confirmed that Tom (from Woburn) would be showing the non-golfers around the Club and its facilities.
Meeting finished 12.20pm