More

GCMA Chilterns and Home Countries


Minutes of the Autumn Committee meeting

Held at Northwood Golf Club Thursday 17th October 2019


Present

Ray Grant (RG)

Richard hall (RH)

Clive Bailey (CB)

Paul Keen (PK)

David Cook (DC)



Apologies

None all present:       


DC welcomed everyone thanked RG for his hospitality.


DC updated the Committee about the Regional Managers meeting being held at the new Intelligent Golf offices in Warwickshire on the 22nd October.

DC went on and reported that Mike Hyde had tendered his notice and would be leaving in the new year.

DC further reported that Intelligent Golf had recently been sold on and it was DC belief that the opportunity to have an updated website may have passed.                    This was up for discussion at the meeting – Action DC to report back.


DC briefed the Committee at the national conference at DeVere Water parks in the Cotswold’s between the 10-12 November.

DC was going to continue to push this with the region and hoped to have a regional table set up for the Monday evening and the main dinner.

CB and RG Confirmed their attendance.


DC confirmed that Niki Hunter, sadly had not made the final decision of being the National Captain and it had gone to Terry Jackson of London and Home Counties. Although sad for Niki it was agreed that Terry was a good choice.


Adam Grint the GM from Gerrards Cross has been nominated by the Clubs management for the Manager of the Year award and he is through to the final four.                 He will now have a site visit followed by a “Dragons Den “type interview on the 24th October at Copts Heath Golf Club. The outcome will be announced at Conference.

We wish him well and good luck.


PK confirmed that the next Past Captain’s event would be at Verulam on Thursday 15th October 2020. It was hoped with more notice and on the back of the event at Northwood, more past Captains would attend. DC to communication with the Past Captains.


RG was pleased that the regions Christmas event was being held at Northwood GC on the 5th December. A discussion was held about menus and the lack of desire for turkey. Entertainment was something that Ray would look at and DC confirmed that there is no set budget for the event (within reason) DC expressed his urgency of obtaining a price so he could start to market the event to the region. RG to action asap.


The lack of managers attending the meeting was an ongoing concern, but DC reported that this was not isolated to our region and was a nationwide issue. DC expressed his disappointment with the numbers when selling the event to presenters and speakers. DC reconfirmed that of the 122 regional members there must a view about the meetings and would issue a survey to the region to try and identify future options. DC- to action survey.


The regions accounts had been previously circulated and there were no questions. DC stated that although the accounts currently showed an overall small loss, he was still waiting for a head office payment of some £500.00 which would create a surplus for the year.


DC confirmed that the Vice – Captain has now finalized his fixtures for 2020and DC will be putting on the website. It should be noted that the AGM was being held at Woburn GC and demand to play golf would be high. As the numbers here would be limited to 36 the Committee agreed to view the interest and offer the golf slots to those who had supported the region and the past meetings through 2019.

A lengthy discussion took place about individuals who may be considered for the 2020 Vice-Captain role. Three names were finally produced, and DC is to call X, XX and XXX in order.


DC recapped on the current sponsors and stated that EuroTec had been taken over by a company called Equity. This takeover would not affect the support the region was currently receiving and to the contrary DC had met with Alex Hall who wished to do more with us.

DC went on to further confirm that following a meeting with Liam Burns, Eagle Promotions wished to get involved.

DC had also spoken to a long-term friend of the region, Mark Weymouth from Fullers, who also stated that they too would like to support the region.

The Committee confirmed that they would like to trial the Regional Knock-out competition and there where currently 20+ names that had shown interest to play. It was agreed that DC would promote this up to the AGM and then Ray Grant, would compile a draw and competition rules for the event.

DC confirmed that the Worldwide Handicap system (WHS) would be coming into force in November 2020. DC had recently sent out a number of dates and venues in our region where the roadshows would be presented. DC would be encouraging the managers to attend one of these events.

    

AOB

There was no other AOB

Meeting finishes 09.40am 





Created by intelligentgolf version 10.1.2.
CONGU® is Copyright Council of National Golf Unions.