More

GCMA Chilterns and Home Countries





Minutes of the Meeting of the C&HC Regional Committee, held in the

South Herts Golf Club Clubhouse on Thursday 20th September at 07.30am.



Present                 Richard Hall  (RH)                Captain

                              Ray Grant      (RG)                Vice-Captain

                              Clive Bailey   (CB)                 Committee Member

                              David Cook   (DC)                 Regional Manager


Apologies

All were present


Previous Minutes and Matters arising

DC stated that he was unable to locate any previous minutes of prior Regional meetings. It was thought they had been dealt with on a more informal basis.

It was agreed to have at least two meeting per year.


GCMA Head office matters

DC reported that some unrest had been seen with the Regional Managers (RMs) with regards to a number of issues being or in some cases not being addressed by the GCMA Head Office. DC went on to say that after a letter of concerns had been raised ( this had previously been distributed to this Committee) a meeting had been set up at Goring and Streetley Golf Club to discuss these matters with the Senior Management of the GCMA. At this time Phil Grice had taken over from Mike Hoare as Chairman, who had recently stood down. The meeting was addressed in a constructive manner with the Chairman wishing to promote a positive relationship with the RMs, increase communication and listen to the views of the RMs.

A further meeting of the National Committee which included all the RMs was held at the Belfry on the 11th October which was very positive. The Chairman engaged and involved the RMs throughout.

The next RMs meeting is being held at Puckrup Hall Tewkesbury on the 4/5th February 2019. At this time and as its so local the RMs will also be visiting the Conference venue for the 2019 GCMA conference which is being held at De Vere Cotswold Water Park 10-12th November.


Candidates for National Captain

As previously notified DC had requested nominations from the Committee to put forward to the National Committee for any individual that maybe a good recommendation to become the National Captain. Two names were offered they being, Chris Gotla, currently of the GM of Beaconsfield GC and David Cook the Regional Manager of Chilterns and Home Counties. DC to put these names forward to the current National Captain Cameron Dawson.


Make up of Regional Committee  

DC suggested that in order to strengthen the Committee and offer further consistency the Immediate Past Captain should remain on the Committee for a period of 1 year immediately following his own Captaincy. This was agreed by all.


Vice- Captain elect

DC had requested prior to the meeting for the Committee to consider any potential candidates for the position of Vice Captain. After some discussion a name was offered and all were in agreement. RG to contact the individual to invite as the 2019/20 Vice Captain.


Ideas for attracting more members to the meetings

It was agreed that the Region needed more new members. DC confirmed that it was his intention to maintain and update on a regular basis the Regions Website. That he would also liaises on a regular basis with Julie Knight the Membership Manager at GCMA HQ about new and potential members for the region. DC further agreed to contact and introduce himself and the region to all new incoming managers and encourage them to get involved in the regions and its goings on.

DC said that it was his intention to update the IG mailing list, as he could identify who opens and who doesn’t open the regions emails which are sent to them. DC will call and contact these members and reconfirm contact details.

DC further confirmed that he would send a short Survey out to the members early in the New Year to get a feeling for their needs and wishes.


Christmas Update

DC confirmed that he had met with Paul Keen at Verulam and discussed the menu and details of the Regions Christmas Golf and Lunch event on the 6th December.

It was DC intention to send a number of invitations out over the next few weeks and have a target of 50+ persons to the lunch. Adger Brown the Comedian and after dinner speaker had been booked, as requested by the Captain, for a sum of £500.00.


Accounts review

DC issued the Committee a copy of the current accounts, which had cica £14k in the bank, however, DC pointed out that he had not drawn any of his Honorarium to date. The accounts were reviewed by the Committee and were agreed to be in order and no other questions were asked.


New Match shirts

DC informed the Committee that he had only four match shirts left and needed to order more. He went on too say that the current shirts were now obsolete and therefore, a new shirt would be sourced. DC offered some examples and the Navy version was favoured. The Committee ask DC to order new shirts in various sizes in time for the new 2019 season. DC agreed to do this.


 2019 Fixture List

DC confirmed that he and RG were currently working on the 2019 fixture list and this would be on the website just as soon as it was confirmed. It was hoped that The Grove and Stoke Park would this year get them involved and also by offering a better venue may encourage more managers to attend.


Regional Knock Out Competition

It was suggested that a Regional Knockout competition would be held throughout the spring/summer of 2019 as a way to get the managers more involved and integrate better.

This was agreed and RG to introduce this at the AGM with the draw being made at the Spring Meeting.

A sponsor and trophy is required, any Committee suggestions would be welcome.   


Past Captains Golf Day

A Past Captains Golf Day could be another way to draw the region together and this is very successful in the London and Home Counties Region. This would be held at the end of the season of 2019 and should be discussed at the next Committee meeting.


Any Other Business

There were no other matters to address.


Date of Next Meeting

Prior either to the Business meeting at Stoke Park on the 21st Feb or Prior to the AGM at The Grove on the 25th March  



Meeting ends

8.50am






Created by intelligentgolf version 10.1.2
CONGU® is Copyright Council of National Golf Unions.